Founded in 1993, DCT Telecom Group is an international provider of cloud, data and VoIP solutions, serving thousands of business customers nationwide. We are a proud business partner of the Cleveland Browns, were awarded a Top Workplaces honor by The Plain Dealer for two consecutive years, and as one of Northeast Ohio’s fastest growing companies were recognized as a prestigious Weatherhead 100 award winner for seven consecutive years.
DCT takes pride in providing an enjoyable work environment that fosters collaboration and teamwork. We have a reputation for providing our customers exceptional service and we are looking for individuals who possess a strong work ethic and who share our customer focus. DCT offers excellent salary, full benefits, 401k, vacation and sick leave, as well as tremendous room for growth and career development.
Due to our continued leadership in providing cloud-based technology solutions, DCT is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions.
The Design Specialist is responsible for facilitating, documenting and designing call flows to support cloud communications (Hosted VoIP) deployment projects. This role is also responsible for the programming of the design into the DCT Hosted VoIP portal and ensuring that all testing is completed and meets the business needs of the customer. This position is responsible for developing customer training programs focused on the implementation of Hosted VoIP and conducting all end user training classes.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Execute DCT PMO standards for call flows, programming and training.
- Facilitate meetings with the client to consult on and gather call flow information, and document the design.
- Plan and design business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business activities.
- Provide updates on deliverables to the Project Manager to keep the project on track.
- Provide feedback on ways to improve how call flows are completed, and work with the PMO to design new standards.
- Document high level designs in Visio.
- Convert high level designs into programming within the DCT Hosted VoIP portal.
- Facilitate testing of the design with acceptable results related to the customer's business needs.
- Work with the DCT Engineering team to ensure programming standards are in line with new technology offerings.
- Act as subject matter expert for new offerings related to DCT Hosted VoIP products. Be able to review and provide guidance to clients on the best way to design their systems based on business needs.
- Provide DCT Hosted VoIP portal and equipment training on site and remotely to clients, along with documentation.
- Provide support to users remotely or via on site visit on inquiries regarding routine issues or questions during implementation.
- Assist in the creation of new training documentation as needed when new product sets are rolled out.
- Be able to travel within region to customer locations to facilitate call flow design, training and activations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong background in either on-premise or cloud-based phone systems is a must.
- Experience with telephony systems, designing and building reports, call flows, systems for data analyzation.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex data.
- Ability to listen and interpret the needs of the customer.
- Strong client relationship and project team management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and motivate others.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions while under pressure.
- Ability to influence and manage change effectively.
- Ability to meet project timelines and budgets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Dynamic speaker with the ability to train at various levels of an organization.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Visio is a must, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, MS Project, PPM tools, ERP, Salesforce.com, workforce management, and cloud-based technology systems.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to plan/organize workloads.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Engineering, IT, project management or call center environment experience is desired.
- Call center certification desired but not required.
- 5 years minimum work experience.
- 2+ years experience in a consulting and deployment role for Hosted VoIP.
If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Network Systems Administrator
DCT is currently seeking candidates for the position of Network Systems Administrator. This position has a dynamic mix of responsibilities including DCT's enterprise applications and equipment (PCs, Linux and Windows servers, SQL instances, etc.), network support applications (DNS servers, SNMP collectors, etc.), DCT's LAN and WAN (switches/routers/firewalls), and end customer Internet and application installation, configuration and support.
This hands-on position requires a demonstrated ability to manage various operating systems, applications and network technologies. Linus, Windows, DNS/rDNS, SNMP, SQL and Salesforce are all in scope, as are Dell, Adtran, Cisco and Palo Alto. The ability to learn new products and keep abreast of products in the marketplace is a key component of the position.
The primary responsibilities will be internal: implementation, management and maintenance of the corporate IT assets, and those involved in the operation of the DCT network. Equipment in each DCT PoP is in scope and rare travel to those sites will be required (currently Philadelphia, Chicago, Akron and Garfield Heights). The servers, operating systems and software installation, configuration, maintenance and support are all in scope, as are modification of existing systems to account for new customer installations, and new product creation.
In addition to the internal responsibilities, the successful incumbent will be called on to assist with the configuration and extension of infrastructure applications (Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, tenfold, etc.) in conjunction with customer solution installation. Primarily this will involve Internet test and turn-up, firewall configuration and support, and 3rd party software application installation and configuration.
Other possible responsibilities will include configuration of routing and switching gear in accordance with DCT standards. Also, configuration of customer applications, such as hosted PBX, may be in scope.
A breakdown of average expected relative effort spent is as follows:
- DCT network supplementary application development and support: 50%
- Enterprise asset support: 20%
- Internal hardware/LAN/desktop support: 15%
- Customer Internet and application support: 15%
Note that over time this mix will shift as different projects start and stop.
The Senior Network Systems Administrator may have additional duties as assigned including, but not limited to, 24x7 issue resolution, scheduled or emergency off-hours maintenance and contribution to internal process or product initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
Enterprise application development and support:
- Solution deployment and maintenance of network support tools (network management and monitoring, DNS servers and utilization graphing tools, for example).
- Extension of data entry and reporting functionality, as required by various business groups.
- Become operational expert on DCT's CRM and ERP tools, as well as standard enterprise tools (Exchange, etc.).
- Maintenance, user management, evolving security needs, etc.
- Document all designs and activities appropriately.
- Meet growing business needs by recommending new solutions as needed.
Customer application development and support:
- Development of web-based, secure tools for access to dynamic customer information.
- Document all designs and activities appropriately.
- Maintenance, in regards to software updates, evolving security needs, etc.
- Assist in resolution of Tier III customer issues.
Internal hardware, LAN, desktop support:
- Share support of enterprise servers hosting enterprise and customer facing tools, databases and sites.
- Share management of LAN/firewall/data center in accordance with the needs of the enterprise and customer facing tools.
- Share management and maintenance of employee desktop environments.
Customer equipment and application support:
- Implementation of provisioning activity including network elements, feature servers, and endpoints.
- Document all activities appropriately.
- On-site deployment of network and VoIP elements.
- Utilize network diagnostics, surveillance and management tools to ensure solutions are meeting customer requirements.
- Assist in resolution of Tier III IP and VoIP issues.
Other duties assigned and determined by business needs.
- Managing Windows and Linux operating systems. Application installation, driver installation, "from scratch" builds, etc.
- Writing Linux/Windows scripts.
- IP management, basic assignment, SWIP to ARIN, LLDP, CDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, Telnet, SNMP.
- Ability to learn new software programs quickly, including ERP and CRM systems.
- Using PowerShell or management consoles for Exchange management.
- Being an independent learner to continually enhance skill set.
- Independently contributing to an environment of continuous improvement.
- Server management, both bare metal and virtual.
- Firewalls, VPN connectivity.
- Additional areas where general understanding is helpful, but not required:
- Additional communication protocols and standards: H.323, H.323v2, SIP-T, Megaco, MGCP, H.248, SCCP, G.711, G.729, G.726, G.722.2, SS7, PRI, SCCP.
- Network media technologies (DSL, DOCSIS, DS1, NxT1, DS3, Ethernet).
- Implementing voice network elements: gateways, feature servers, SBCs, IADs, ATAs.
- Detail oriented.
- Proactive and responsive.
- Positive attitude.
- Growth oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining process considerations.
- Ability to turn technical and non-technical requirements into software and hardware solutions.
- Strong technical orientation.
- Ability to think clearly in stressful situations.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to see and act on multiple long-term goals and plans.
- 2 - 10 years prior experience with server and enterprise software management.
- 2 - 10 years of experience with Windows and Linux.
- 2 - 10 years of LAN management.
- 1 - 5 years of experience with Internet services and enterprise applications and servers.
- Experience with colocation and virtualization is preferred.
- Telecommunications, cloud services or WAN experience is preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in a field related to MIS, IT or Computer Science desired.
- Experience with server and desktop backup solutions is desired.
- Prior experience in a customer facing role will be considered.
If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Support Representative
As a member of DCT's growing Customer Support team, the Technical Support Representative will be responsible for providing outstanding support to our existing customer base. In addition to customer interaction, the Technical Support Representative will maintain relationships with DCT carriers and internal teams. The Technical Support Representative will be included in the on-call rotation which is essential to providing DCT customers with access to a team member 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Interact with customers in response to inquiries, concerns and requests
- Gather information and determine the necessary action by evaluating and analyzing symptoms
- Research required information using available resources
- Take necessary action with appropriate carrier or internal team
- Follow up with customers, carriers and internal resources to communicate status changes
- Escalate per standard intervals to appropriate resource
- Follow standard processes and procedures
- Accurately document customer interaction
- Stay current with DCT products, services, and processes
- Participate in the DCT support on-call rotation at least one week per month
- Ability to resolve inquiries, concerns, and requests per standard process with initiative and urgency
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to retain industry specific terminology and procedures
- Exceptional problem analysis and solving skills
- Effective time management
- Strong attention to detail
- Data entry skills
- 2+ years cloud, data, voice experience
- 2+ years office experience
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Senior Account Executive
This position is responsible for the retention and growth of an assigned customer base along with the ability to create sales in new accounts and cultivate opportunities in existing accounts. The capability to establish and maintain long-term relationships within all levels of an organization, including the C-level, is critical. Past success selling complex technology solutions is required, and specific experience with cloud, data and VoIP services is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and grow an assigned customer base by cultivating relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with key decision makers and influencers. Understand customer's business needs, strategies, and initiatives in order to deliver value-added business solutions.
- Meet or exceed monthly sales goals and new revenue objectives through the sale of DCT services within the assigned customer base, and attract new logos by aggressively seeking new sales opportunities every day.
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies and competitive services to add value and create new revenue opportunities.
- Work with internal resources including customer service, project management and engineering to maximize sales revenue and ensure ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Maintain up-to-date account plans and keep organized records of activities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and 4 years of outside business-to-business technology sales experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding and proven track record of quota achievement selling complex IT solutions including experience with cloud, data and VoIP applications.
- Possess that rare blend of technical expertise and sales acumen wrapped in a strong customer-centric mentality.
- Proficiency with Salesforce and MS Office.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to maintain a consistent focus on the achievement of sales and retention goals.
This position offers competitive base salary, monthly and quarterly bonus, car and cell phone allowance, full benefits, 401k with company match, vacation and sick leave.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.