Founded in 1993, DCT Telecom Group is an international provider of cloud, data and VoIP solutions, serving thousands of business customers nationwide. We are a proud business partner of the Cleveland Browns, were awarded a Top Workplaces honor by The Plain Dealer for two consecutive years, and as one of Northeast Ohio’s fastest growing companies were recognized as a prestigious Weatherhead 100 award winner for seven consecutive years.
DCT takes pride in providing an enjoyable work environment that fosters collaboration and teamwork. We have a reputation for providing our customers exceptional service and we are looking for individuals who possess a strong work ethic and who share our customer focus. DCT offers excellent salary, full benefits, 401k, vacation and sick leave, as well as tremendous room for growth and career development.
Due to our continued leadership in providing cloud-based technology solutions, DCT is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions.
The Resource Coordinator is responsible for planning and collaborating across functional roles to ensure appropriate skill sets for project delivery resources match assigned projects and workload. This position must work with the team to drive resource utilization by planning upcoming needs and matching resource demand with supply/capacity. These skills will be utilized to realize the profitability goals of the organization while meeting customer objectives. This position will provide subject matter expertise related to deployment, demand, capacity, utilization and operations planning. The Resource Coordinator typically will have 2 years of work experience.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Executes the DCT PMO standards, processes and methodologies in a consistent manner for project coordination activities.
- Schedules all resources for implementation of client requirements and assists in acquisition of resources.
- Coordinates with project managers, project coordinators and service delivery managers to maintain records of all resources and availability.
- Maintains talent database to meet timeliness and quality standards.
- Analyzes all backlogs to ensure delivery of projects within required timeframe.
- Maintains online database, ensures maximization of all resources, tracks all databases, and assists to streamline all processes for customers.
- Balances the demand for resources with the supply, taking into consideration skills, level of experience, geographic location, developmental objectives of the resources, and financial impact.
Skills & Abilities
- Effective written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce and Adobe.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and grow within the business.
- Ability to be trained to maintain and schedule resources.
- Attentive to detail.
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently, and identify priorities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of work experience with one year of resource coordination experience.
- Experience using Salesforce is desirable.
If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
With some direction and the support of an engineering staff, this position will have responsibility for configuring, deploying, testing and troubleshooting network and voice solutions for end customers, on location and remotely. These solutions can include Wide Area Networks (public and private, packet and TDM), routers, switches, SBCs, firewalls, IP phones, SIP services, and cloud-based computing, storage and PBXs.
The responsibilities will include installation of and entering configuration information into routers, switches, ATAs and IP phones at customer locations, independently testing all equipment for correct operation, identifying issues, and working with engineering staff to resolve. The Field Technician will also be called on to complete simple or complex wiring jobs (punching down cables, new cable installations, etc.). The position will include customer interaction regarding issue resolution or service installation, scheduled or emergency off-hours maintenance, and contribution to internal processes.
Additional responsibilities will include assisting in solution design, assisting with new product development, assisting in DCT network infrastructure deployment and management, and in-house IT support. Note that some work may be required outside of the core hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
As a proud business partner of the Cleveland Browns, along with other large local, national and international clients, DCT has a reputation for top-tier service. This employee must sustain that reputation in terms of attire, communication skills, follow-through on commitments, and integrity.
A breakdown of average expected relative effort spent is as follows. Note that these percentages may shift depending on the experience and skill set of the candidate.
- Solution implementation at customer sites: 60% (lower with greater experience)
- Troubleshooting at customer sites: 20% (higher with greater experience)
- Troubleshooting remotely (in office): 10%
- Solution development, product development: 5% (higher with greater experience)
- Internal IT support: 5%
Extensive local travel within Northeast Ohio is required (between 65-90%). Occasional regional travel to the remainder of Ohio and surrounding states will be required, including overnight trips 1-2 times per month. Travel outside of the region requiring overnight stays is rare, but possible, 4 times per year.
The Field Technician may have additional duties as assigned, including but not limited to, DCT office infrastructure work and assistance with inventory management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Configuring Adtran routers / IADs and switches to meet customer WAN / LAN / voice needs.
- Configuring IP voice endpoints (phones, ATAs, etc.) to work with deployed voice solutions.
- In office and on-site testing of WAN, router, switch and endpoint combinations for proper operation.
- Testing of deployed services for proper operation in regards to connectivity and performance of network and voice solutions.
- Physical placement of cabling and endpoints at customer locations.
- Gathering required information (packet captures, SIP traces, syslog info, etc.) from network equipment regarding inoperability or performance degradation.
- Depending on experience level, interpreting information in order to find root cause and resolve standard or basic non-standard issues independently. Resolutions may include router changes, phone configuration changes, equipment replacement, recommendations for wiring changes, etc.
- Communicating effectively to engineering personnel regarding advanced non-standard issue resolutions, and assisting in solution implementation.
- Working with engineering personnel, sales engineering, sales, and project coordination to develop solutions in response to customer requests and requirements.
- Visiting customer sites to evaluate suitability for solution deployment, and making modifications to existing design to account for customer conditions.
- Working with management on the creation of additional solution building blocks to add to the DCT portfolio in the areas of networking, security, voice, computing and storage.
- Working to resolve issues regarding basic desktop computers, LAN connectivity and local servers in support of other DCT employees.
Core Competencies / Skills
- Network operation: Technician to professional level.
- Solid, practical understanding of network and telecom connectivity.
- This job is not primarily that of a cabling technician. However, a basic understanding of the cabling required for ISDN, 10/100/1000Base-T/X, RS232/422 and POTS is desired.
- General troubleshooting.
- Some understanding of the following terms: NAT, ACL, DHCP, VLAN, tunneling, DNS/rDNS.
- Understanding of SIP, RTP, FTP/TFTP is highly desired.
- Some knowledge of Syslog, NTP, SNMP and network diagnostic tools (e.g. rdtool, Appneta) is preferred.
- Basic understanding of the uses of MPLS and PPP / MLPPP required.
- CCENT / CCT / CCNA / CCNP a plus; not required.
- ATSA / ATSP would be highly desired, especially in the Internetworking and/or IPBG areas.
- Understanding of / experience with VoIP systems is highly desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Office suite is required. Experience with Linux or Linux-like systems is a plus.
- Clean driving record is required.
- Detail oriented.
- Results / quality oriented.
- Positive and friendly.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining process considerations.
- Able to think clearly in stressful situations.
- Self-sufficient / independent when working on tasks of an appropriate complexity level.
- Able to work as a member of a team.
- Able to work under pressure -- responding in an appropriate way to service outages, etc.
- Solid with respect to communication. The Field Technician will not "own" customer engagements, but will on occasion be called on to interact with customers independently. Communication needs to be clear, concise, technically accurate, and completely consistent with the sales and service delivery team communication at all times.
- Bachelors, Associates in a field related to MIS, IT, Networking or Computer Science.
- Some experience installing and/or configuring routers and switches (Adtran preferred).
- Some experience installing and/or configuring phones, phone systems and associated cabling.
- Cisco and Adtran technical certifications preferred.
- Some experience with enterprise applications and servers.
- Minimum 1 year of VoIP experience is strongly desired. SIP preferred. Experience with hosted PBX, especially Broadsoft, will be highly preferred.
- Experience with colocation and virtualization will be considered.
- Telecommunications, cloud services or WAN experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in a customer facing role will be considered.
If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Design Specialist is responsible for facilitating, documenting and designing call flows to support cloud communications (Hosted VoIP) deployment projects. This role is also responsible for the programming of the design into the DCT Hosted VoIP portal and ensuring that all testing is completed and meets the business needs of the customer. This position is responsible for developing customer training programs focused on the implementation of Hosted VoIP and conducting all end user training classes.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Execute DCT PMO standards for call flows, programming and training.
- Facilitate meetings with the client to consult on and gather call flow information, and document the design.
- Plan and design business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business activities.
- Provide updates on deliverables to the Project Manager to keep the project on track.
- Provide feedback on ways to improve how call flows are completed, and work with the PMO to design new standards.
- Document high level designs in Visio.
- Convert high level designs into programming within the DCT Hosted VoIP portal.
- Facilitate testing of the design with acceptable results related to the customer's business needs.
- Work with the DCT Engineering team to ensure programming standards are in line with new technology offerings.
- Act as subject matter expert for new offerings related to DCT Hosted VoIP products. Be able to review and provide guidance to clients on the best way to design their systems based on business needs.
- Provide DCT Hosted VoIP portal and equipment training on site and remotely to clients, along with documentation.
- Provide support to users remotely or via on site visit on inquiries regarding routine issues or questions during implementation.
- Assist in the creation of new training documentation as needed when new product sets are rolled out.
- Be able to travel within region to customer locations to facilitate call flow design, training and activations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong background in either on-premise or cloud-based phone systems is a must.
- Experience with telephony systems, designing and building reports, call flows, systems for data analyzation.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex data.
- Ability to listen and interpret the needs of the customer.
- Strong client relationship and project team management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and motivate others.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions while under pressure.
- Ability to influence and manage change effectively.
- Ability to meet project timelines and budgets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Dynamic speaker with the ability to train at various levels of an organization.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Visio is a must, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, MS Project, PPM tools, ERP, Salesforce.com, workforce management, and cloud-based technology systems.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to plan/organize workloads.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Engineering, IT, project management or call center environment experience is desired.
- Call center certification desired but not required.
- 5 years minimum work experience.
- 2+ years experience in a consulting and deployment role for Hosted VoIP.
If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Technical Support Representative
As a member of DCT's growing Customer Support team, the Technical Support Representative will be responsible for providing outstanding support to our existing customer base. In addition to customer interaction, the Technical Support Representative will maintain relationships with DCT carriers and internal teams. The Technical Support Representative will be included in the on-call rotation which is essential to providing DCT customers with access to a team member 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Interact with customers in response to inquiries, concerns and requests
- Gather information and determine the necessary action by evaluating and analyzing symptoms
- Research required information using available resources
- Take necessary action with appropriate carrier or internal team
- Follow up with customers, carriers and internal resources to communicate status changes
- Escalate per standard intervals to appropriate resource
- Follow standard processes and procedures
- Accurately document customer interaction
- Stay current with DCT products, services, and processes
- Participate in the DCT support on-call rotation at least one week per month
- Ability to resolve inquiries, concerns, and requests per standard process with initiative and urgency
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to retain industry specific terminology and procedures
- Exceptional problem analysis and solving skills
- Effective time management
- Strong attention to detail
- Data entry skills
- 2+ years cloud, data, voice experience
- 2+ years office experience
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.